About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two and live on the Surf Coast in Victoria. I finished my Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing in 2005. I love writing for children although I write short stories and articles for adults too. I have had three books published, two are educational readers, but would love to have a trade book published. I'm working on it! We have two cats, a dog who loves running on the beach and a bunny.

My books

My books

PiBoldMo2013

PiBoldMo2013
Click on logo to join this challenge. 30 ideas in 30 days

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Poem accepted by The School Magazine, NSW Department of Education

Hi all,

Yes, I am a slack blogger, but am inspired by some writing challenges coming up.

Last month I had an email from The School Magazine offering to buy my latest submission, a poem, 'The History of the Chimneys. They have asked to rejig the title a little which is fine.

I began the poem as a picture book. But I struggled to make it work. Then I decided to try it as a poem and it became so much better and voila, it has been accepted.

I'm really delighted that my work will one day be shown in this fabulous magazine.

Wishing you writerly success in 2014.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! The NSW School Magazine is an excellent market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue. It certainly is. Very proud to be part of it.

    ReplyDelete