About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two and live on the Surf Coast in Victoria. I finished my Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing in 2005. I love writing for children although I write short stories and articles for adults too. I have had three books published, two are educational readers, but would love to have a trade book published. I'm working on it! We have two cats, a dog who loves running on the beach and a bunny.

My books

My books

PiBoldMo2013

PiBoldMo2013
Click on logo to join this challenge. 30 ideas in 30 days

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

KALE - A poem


Kale is not a thing of beauty

matt deep green leaves

as dark as night

their underside a network

of wrinkled veins.

Washed

ready for the pot

there is a surprise.

Glistening glass-like jewels

sit shivering

trapped in membrane pockets

underneath

soon to be darkened leaves

again.

No comments:

Post a Comment