About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two and live on the Surf Coast in Victoria. I finished my Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing in 2005. I love writing for children although I write short stories and articles for adults too. I have had three books published, two are educational readers, but would love to have a trade book published. I'm working on it! We have two cats, a dog who loves running on the beach and a bunny.

My books

My books

PiBoldMo2013

PiBoldMo2013
Click on logo to join this challenge. 30 ideas in 30 days

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Tidying my study

A few nights ago I decided to tidy the study. I have manilla folders all over a trestle table but the contents are often in many places instead of the folder they are meant for. So I went out and bought about 10 different coloured manilla folders, some sticky notes, pens and exercise books. I sorted out existing folders, created new ones, labelled the front of each folder in bold texta, put sticky notes of due dates on works in progress  and put an exercise book inside each folder to force myself to write in one book for that particular project. Once I had laid out the projects that I need to work on, I found that I had five things to complete. I put them in due date order. There is a picture book, reworking a junior fiction piece, a poem and another junior fiction piece. These four have deadlines which is good for me as it means I will get them done.

But my main project of a historical junior novel has no due date. I will get to it soon. I am researching my character and have contacted those involved who are responsible for the biographical information I need to create my novel. I also have an idea for the plot. I will use one incident which happened to the character in real life and use it to shape the story.

So I know where I'm heading thank goodness, and when the kids go back to school tomorrow, I had better set myself some writing time to get these projects done. I'm looking forward to all of them.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kaye,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I thought I'd pop over to yours. I had a huge clean out recently in my office and computer files. It's a rewarding experience and makes the job of rewriting a bit more appealing.

    I also use coloured folders to seperate my manuscripts and track which publishers I've sent them to, rejections, feed back if any, etc.

    It's great to find your blog. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete