About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two and live on the Surf Coast in Victoria. I finished my Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing in 2005. I love writing for children although I write short stories and articles for adults too. I have had three books published, two are educational readers, but would love to have a trade book published. I'm working on it! We have two cats, a dog who loves running on the beach and a bunny.

My books

My books

PiBoldMo2013

PiBoldMo2013
Click on logo to join this challenge. 30 ideas in 30 days

Friday, October 21, 2011

Ode from an Aussie farmer to his sheep

Ode from an Aussie Farmer to his sheep ©

I will not turn my back on you
And send you to strange lands
Where you will surely suffer
By careless and cruel hands

Ne’er again will you board damned ships
The ships that smell of hell
No animal of mine will know this fear
For you have served me, oh so well

I am forever grateful
No more could you give
Your humble life is what I ask
For me and mine to live

Australia is your homeland
And this is where you’ll stay
Among the trees and land you know
This promise I have made

 

No comments:

Post a Comment