About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two and live on the Surf Coast in Victoria. I finished my Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing in 2005. I love writing for children although I write short stories and articles for adults too. I have had three books published, two are educational readers, but would love to have a trade book published. I'm working on it! We have two cats, a dog who loves running on the beach and a bunny.

My books

My books

PiBoldMo2013

PiBoldMo2013
Click on logo to join this challenge. 30 ideas in 30 days

Monday, September 26, 2011

More prizes!

This morning I received an email saying I'd won the five pack of the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy. The slightly creepy covers of the books take me back to when I was a kid and used to write kind of gruesome little stories. Thanks to Kids Book Review who have me reading so many great kids' books because of their reviews, I was able to enter this competition which asked what I would call one of the books in this series.
The week before I was delighted to find out through the Handmade Canberra website that I'd won "Riley and the Grumpy Wombat" picture book by Tania McCartney. I had to say what I would do in Melbourne because Riley flies about over some amazing Melbourne sights and great Victorian landmarks. I just love these creative, fun competitions and it's pretty nice to be a winner of some great books.

No comments:

Post a Comment