About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two and live on the Surf Coast in Victoria. I finished my Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing in 2005. I love writing for children although I write short stories and articles for adults too. I have had three books published, two are educational readers, but would love to have a trade book published. I'm working on it! We have two cats, a dog who loves running on the beach and a bunny.

My books

My books

PiBoldMo2013

PiBoldMo2013
Click on logo to join this challenge. 30 ideas in 30 days

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Moment with a Mentor

Today I received a phone call from the organisers of the 'Write around the Murray Festival' to be held in Albury next month.

A session called 'Moment with a Mentor' asked for applications from authors who would like to get advice on how to get a manuscript published. Part of the process was to submit a ten page extract from a completed manuscript and upon selection, a $25 fee would be requested. I was one of six applicants chosen and will have the opportunity to spend 30 minutes with Jenny Darling of Jenny Darling Associates, one of Australia's leading literary agencies.

I have never met a literary agent and am totally looking forward to this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment