About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two and live on the Surf Coast in Victoria. I finished my Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing in 2005. I love writing for children although I write short stories and articles for adults too. I have had three books published, two are educational readers, but would love to have a trade book published. I'm working on it! We have two cats, a dog who loves running on the beach and a bunny.

My books

My books

PiBoldMo2013

PiBoldMo2013
Click on logo to join this challenge. 30 ideas in 30 days

Friday, June 03, 2011

Diary from the past

I have had loaned to me a handwritten diary in beautiful script, of the first two years of a baby boy's life in London, 1889. Luckily the handwriting is easy to read and it is a privilege to take a peek into the life of this family. The father kept daily notes and added photos or newspaper clippings to the diary.

Once I have had time to digest this snippet of life, I plan to write a story based on this family and the events that took place. It will be wonderful tossing around ideas about who should tell the story and where that journey ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment