About Me

My photo
I am a mother of two and live on the Surf Coast in Victoria. I finished my Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing in 2005. I love writing for children although I write short stories and articles for adults too. I have had three books published, two are educational readers, but would love to have a trade book published. I'm working on it! We have two cats, a dog who loves running on the beach and a bunny.

My books

My books

PiBoldMo2013

PiBoldMo2013
Click on logo to join this challenge. 30 ideas in 30 days

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What I'm writing

Good morning. On this freezing day I have been very happy working on my laptop by the heater. Of course the cats try to race inside in this weather.
I decided to ditch a story that I recently wrote. After looking at assessor comments and reflecting on it, I went cold on it. That's okay. It's an interesting process.
I sent off a story to a kids' magazine yesterday. It's fun to write something on a specific topic requested by the magazine that I wouldn't have thought of. It's amazing what can be created. 
I am also researching information for a US publisher who accepts "faction". I will check out some of their published works to get an idea of their style, then I'll set to work and create a story that might fit their program.
Happy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment